Our guest today is Saadia from Kismet Event Design. We were first introduced to Saadi’s work at a South Asian Bride event and were blown away by her work.
In this interview, Saadia shares with us the difference between event design and event decor. We talk about the value of Pinterest, Saadia’s superpower i.e. bridal telepathy, how to select an event designer and much, much more.
We truly enjoyed speaking with Saadia and hope you enjoy listening to our conversation as well. Please join me in welcoming Saadia on the Indian Wedding Podcast.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- What is event design and how it differs from event decor?
- Pinterest is a double edge sword
- An average bride spends 120 hours doing research before anything really happens
- Wedding design is a reflection of the couple’s love for each other
- Beware of conflicting aesthetics and not letting your emotions run wild
- Coordination between a wedding planner and event designer
- Selecting an event designer
- Legitimate business
- How much does the event/ wedding design cost?
- Mother nature is the best designer
- Botanical vs. constructed floral
- Why you need a dessert table at your wedding?
- Branding your wedding event right from the get-go
- Visualizing your wedding day design before you sign up for it
- Tips for brides and grooms
- When you are nice to your vendors, they will go above and beyond for you
- Listen to your vendors
- Get flowers that are in season