Today we’re excited to interview Executive Chef Madhoo Seth from The Gourmet Kitchen. Madhoo and her team are based in the Denver, Colorado area and are renowned for their artistic and delicious catering.
In this episode, Madhoo shares with us tips on how you can choose a caterer for your wedding, the mistakes families make when selecting their caterer, and how to plan a multicultural cuisine for fusion wedding.
We also discuss food wastage and compositing and the importance of supporting local nonprofits.
Please join us in welcoming Chef Madhoo Seth to the show.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Madhoo’s background in fashion design, literature and luxury planning
- How literature is inspiring Madhoo to create beautiful, poetic food menus
- How to choose a caterer?
- Researching your caterer
- Importance of doing a tasting and meeting the owners
- Preventing disconnect between the tasting menu and the actual wedding day meals
- Being respectful of dietary requirements while still staying on budget
- Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, nut free, soy free, paleo and more
- How much does food costs?
- Mistakes family makes when selecting a caterer
- Going with the cheapest vendor
- Opt for the same North Indian food
- Managing wastage via commercial composting, recycling, and flower donations
- Planning for fusion weddings