In this interview, we had an opportunity to speak with Karuna Chani, an internationally recognized make up artist, image and skin care consultant based in New York City.
If you’re a bride looking to improve your skin or trying to decide on the right style of makeup, this interview will serve you well.
Karuna shares with us a wealth of knowledge including her exact process on how she works with brides-to-be from start to finish. She also shares with her strategies that will make you look and feel beautiful on one of the most important days of your life.
Personally, we enjoyed learning about the professionalism, value, and commitment Karuna brings forward for her clients.
Karuna has a background in fashion from Parsons and is known for her fashion-forward makeup looks and ability to perfectly ‘marry’ eastern cultural elements with western beauty trends.
Her work has been featured in over a dozen fashion and wedding publications. Her notable clients include Priyanka Chopra, Shahana Goswami, Caroline Scheufele (co-president of Chopard), Amrita Singh and Chandrika Tandon.
Please join us in welcoming Karuna to the Indian Wedding Podcast!
In this interview, we discuss:
- How to choose the right style of makeup and makeup artist
- Understanding the bride, her personal style, her needs, her dislikes
- Taking into consideration the skin type, skin color, body type or skin texture
- How a facialist can help improve the skin to get a great base
- Drinking green tea and exercise to get the blood circulation going to improve your skin
- No carbohydrates, no sugars, no drinking, no smoking one week before the wedding
- YouTube DIY makeup tutorials versus hiring a makeup professional
- Should you ask for discounts from a makeup artist?
- Matching makeup to the outfit or decor
- Value of a trial session with the makeup artist and what you should bring with you for your appointment
- A good makeup artist needs to be professional and get the job done on time on the wedding day
- And much more…
Website: KC Makeup
Leave a Reply